Beautiful People is monthly blogging meme run by Paper Fury and Further Up and Further In. It’s designed to help writers get to know their characters better. This month is based off of the MC’s relationship with their parents.
Meet Saffron Jones from my yet-to-be named July Camp NaNoWriMo novel.
1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?
Yes, she knows both her parents. She knows both her parents because she lives with them.
2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?
Her auburn hair from her mom, as well as her lips and face shape. Her nose and green eyes she got from her dad.
3. What’s their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!
Her Mom’s an artist, so she wears sweats and old t-shirts, which are always stained with paint. She either wears that or formal wear, for when she has to go to a studio event. Her dad’s a botanist, so he wears jeans and t-shirt, pretty normal clothes. When he’s at work he just adds a white lab coat over it.
4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?
Saffron has her dad’s quite, introverted personality and her mom’s general enthusiasticness about life.
5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?
They tend to get along pretty well.
6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?
For her mom, “colorful”, for her dad, “quiet”//
7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?
When Saffron wanted to get onto the school track team her Mom helped, and when she needed help getting a job her Dad helped. And, of course, during the events of the actual novel.
8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?
When her parents were considering getting rid of Saffron’s dog. It invoked a screaming match, and Saffron didn’t talk to her parents for two days.
9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?
Saffron’s mom was born in Ireland, though she moved to the U.S. when she was baby so she doesn’t have an accent. Everyone on her mom’s side is Irish, her dad’s side is your average ol’ American.
10. What’s their favourite memory with their parental figure(s)?
When her mom and dad took Saffron to a waterpark when she was eight. It was the first time Saffron really remembered her parents actually being silly and teasing each other, most of the time they’re pretty serious.
So, in other news, the reason why I haven’t been posting is because technology is horrible. I accidently changed the URL of my blog. I got all the content back to the original URL, but not my followers. That was moved back, but I still don’t have my stats back. Hopefully those will come back in the next few days.
Also, the mud run went well, though now I am sore and might just go back to bed.