Ah, procrastination. It’s a beautiful thing, really. It’s that little voice in the back of your head telling you that no, you shouldn’t be writing, writing is too hard, go and do something meaningless.
Yep. I have come to realize that I am a die-hard procrastinator. So here is A Procrastinator’s Guide to Writing.
1. Open up Scrivener.
2. Write a paragraph.
3. Stare at the paragraph. Delete the paragraph. Rewrite the paragraph a little bit better.
4. Write half the chapter. Decide the chapter stinks. Decide you need to do more research.
5. Open Google. Google something relating to chapter.
6. Tell yourself checking your email will only take a few seconds.
7. Check your email.
8. Notice an email from Epic Reads. Go to Epic Reads website.
9. Notice Epic Reads has book trailers. Watch book trailers.
10. Decide to check on your favorite fan fictions. Read your favorite fan fictions.
11. Chat a bit with your favorite fan fiction’s authors.
12. Remember you haven’t checked so-and-so’s blog in a while. Check so-and-so’s blog. Comment on so-and-so’s blog.
13. Remember you were supposed to be writing. Open Scrivener again.
14. Turn off internet. Actually write.