So, meet Cass Andrews from my Camp NaNo novel (who’s name has been changed from last month’s. Still the same person. I’ve decided to use her former name, Saffron Jonathon or whatever I called her for another character that I think fits the name better than Cass)
1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
Chocolate chip mint. But not the chocolate chip mint that’s the green color, the stuff that looks like normal chocolate chip ice cream until they taste it.
2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
She’ll be going to either the movies or a friend’s house. She’ll wear her army green pull-over hoodie and jeans. She’ll be with either Emelia or Quinn. Or both.
3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?
She wears beat-up low-top black Converse and ankle socks in faded, pastel colors. If she needs to wear something more formal, she’ll wear plain black flats. She considers heels the height of torture. Anything flat and resembling a tennis shoe she’ll most likely consider comfortable.
4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
She’s got a small, brown birthmark about the size and shape of a smashed quarter on her lower back. She’s got a small, faded scar on her chin from when she fell off a slide when she was six, and another, bigger one on her arm where she broke it and had to get surgery when she was twelve.
5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
She doesn’t tend to listen to music. When she does, it tends to be either what’s on the radio or movie soundtracks.
6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?
She took both piano and flute when she was younger, but didn’t really like either. Now she takes drum lessons.
7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
A murder mystery or paranormal.
8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?
With her friends and/or anyone else who wants to tag along. Holidays with the family she tends to show up for meals and the rest of the time she’ll wander around the town.
9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
She’ll either be eating lunch (which tends to be whatever is leftover from the night before), or madly biking home so she can get lunch.
10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
Her fears. She is terrified of both needles and spiders. The needles fear doesn’t come up so much, but people tend to think it’s funny how she reacts when she sees a spider so they’ll bring them to her to watch her scream.