Meet Ava Miller from my (maybe) NaNoWriMo Novel. She’s not the main character, but she’s still pretty important, so I feel like I need to develop her a bit more. SO…she’s my Beautiful Person.
1. They’re in a crisis: who would they really like to see right now?
Raven. Raven somehow allways manages to to get herself in and out of trouble easily, which Ava thinks would be a handy skill to have.
2. Are they easy to get along with?
Yes. Ava’s super shy and sweet, and she tries really hard to connect with people.
3. Who was the last person they had a deep conversation with?
Surprisingly, Hugo. Neither of them quite know how it happened.
4. They’re in the middle of a huge crowd of people: how do they feel?
Nervous. Jumpy. Ava likes personal space a lot and crowds a whole lot less.
5. Do they believe in luck or miracles?
Ava believes in luck and miracles and karma, and she sometimes she feels like she has too considering how much dangerous stuff her two best friends get in to. Hugo should have died at least twice. Raven at least three times. And they didn’t.
6. Do they like and get along with their neighbours?
Ava is friendly with her neighbors; she’ll stop and say hi if she seems them but she doesn’t really hang out with them. Besides, their kids are three and six years younger than her.
7. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
8. How do they feel about their body?
Ava feels pretty confident about her outside looks.
9. What is the cruellest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
“Hey, Ava…why are you so quiet all the time? Cat got your tongue?” This might not seem like much to someone who doesn’t know her, but Ava’s mute, and this comment was clearly teasing her because of it. She pretended she didn’t hear and went to the nurse saying she had a headache so she didn’t have to face the person who said it in class.
10. What’s the kindest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
“Look, Ava. Those kids are idiots. You’re smart and beautiful and kind and you’re going to run circles around them when they grow up.” Raven told her this after the whole “cat got your tongue” thing.
Ta da! I think out of all my characters, Ava is the only one based off of a real person. Which real person? I’ll never tell.
Basically, I’m struggling. I’m in the process of outlining a sort of fantasy murder mystery for NaNoWriMo, but then I flip through one of my notebooks to try and find a last name for the main character, and I find…a fully outlined sci-fi novel. I don’t know what to do. Opinions? Help.