Do you ever want to try a food you read about in a book? Like really, really want to? I’m not talking about someone mentioning the homemade chicken noodle soup they eat when they’re sick or the hamburger they got at the diner, but a food that only exists in that book.
Because I do. All the time.
Here are a few of the ones I want to try.
- Dauntless Cake from Divergent. They’ve never exactly said, but I’ve always imagined it as being a moist, fluffy, rich chocolate cake with icing instead of frosting and served in huge slices. Basically, my mouth starts watering whenever I think about it.
- Butterbeer from Harry Potter. I attempted to make Butterbeer a few days ago. It did not go well. I know you can get it in the Harry Potter Universal park, but we don’t live anywhere near Florida and I kind of doubt we’ll be going there anywhere soon. But I still really want to try Butterbeer.
- November Cakes from The Scorpio Races. They’re described as sticky and served warm and that they’re dipped in a sticky orange glaze and they sound amazing and this November I’m totally going to attempt to make them.
- Peeta’s Cheese Buns from The Hunger Games. There has to be a reason that Peeta’s cheese buns are pretty much like Katniss’s favorite thing ever, and I want to know why that reason is.
- Fizzy Lifting Drink from Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. Provided I can get down again and won’t just be floating around the ceiling for years, this drink would be pretty awesome to try in real life.
So, what are some foods from books that you want to try? Maybe you agree with me about the Dauntless cake or the cheese buns, or maybe there’s something else you want to try. TELL ME. I wish to know!